Utilization based on game camera survey on this crop choice + evidence of use
This was a new plot in 2016 after burning down the existing field then disking twice. I then ran an 80/20 mix of Alfala/clover through my Woods Precision Seeder. The plot came up great, but I did have to work hard to keep the weeds under control.
Deer utilization was outstanding (initially) but then it dropped off rapidly during hunting season.
The deer wiped out the alfalfa faster than I expected. That left the red clover which was not quite as attractive compared to nearby plots - so it flourished, and reseeded, which changed the ratio in favor of the clover. I also needed to apply a mid-season application of Potassium and Boron. Unfortunatley, I never had the opportunity to do that. So the plot started strong, but ended weak.
September Photo (Macro)
September Photo (Micro)
Trail Cam Photo - brought to you by Moultrie