Summary - 2017 Food Plot Seed Review
By any measure the results from our 2016 food plot season were simply terrific. We had great moisture, terrific growing conditions, and a significant increase in deer activity - including mature buck sightings in daylight.
This occurred at the heels of a mild winter in 2016 and that was welcomed, since the winter of 2015 was devastating for our area.
New this year I am going to rank our plots based on a combination growth, nutrition and attraction. This subjective scoring is based on trail camera photos, actual sightings, and plot utilization.
- Plot 7 - Brown Bag Radish, Turnips, and Austrian Peas
- Plot 1 - Real world Soybeans
- Plot 3 - Brown Bag Ladino Clover
- Plot 4 - Brown Bag Ladino Clover and Six Point Chicory
- Plot 2 - Brown Bag Sugar Beets
- Plot 9 - Bulldog Alfalfa and Brown Bag Red Clover
- Plot 1a - Durana Clover
- Plot 5 - Brown Bag Daikon Radish
- Plot 6 - Tecomate Max Attract